The process of decorating is a cooperative adventure.
We will help guide you through the many steps involved to achieve the perfect results.
The steps listed below are here to help familiarize you with the basic process of making customized treatments.
See the Evolution of a Room
The Design and Ordering Process
- Evaluate your design criteria and needs
- Brainstorm ideas, photograph windows or furniture "as-is"
- Get a professional measure
- Shop for fabrics, linings, trims, and hardware
- Sketch finalized design
- Bid design with workrooms - we often get multiple bids for best overall service and pricing for you
- Order fabric cuttings for approval
- Sign off on finalized design and order
- Ship fabric to workroom
- When complete, schedule installation
After evaluating your window treatment objectives, you can examine your budget. By talking about your goals, we can help you find the right solution within your resources.
Window coverings can range from rock-bottom budget mini blinds to elaborate window "treatments." The key is to be creative and find a solution that meets your $ needs as well as your design objectives.
Regardless of what you spend, it's always an investment of time and money, so make sure the treatment meets your needs on all levels.
Planning ahead is crucial for a successful outcome. Here is a breakdown of what to expect when ordering:
1- 5 days
Blinds and Shades
Fabrics and Trims
Once cutting is approved (7 -10 days), fabrics stocked in the US take 7—10 days to ship
Fabrics stocked in Europe typically take 3-4 weeks
Note: Workrooms are busiest during the holiday season, and turn-around is even longer.
When creating custom treatments, expect the whole process to take at least 6—8 weeks, once designed.
^ Return to Top ^